DATE: Friday, December 12th, 2014
TIME: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
LOCATION: East Carolina Heart Institute, Greenville, NC | Directions
What is an Evidence Academy?
An Evidence Academy is a one-day regional meeting to learn about the latest evidence and model programs that make a difference in hypertension prevention, treatment, and control. You’ll have the opportunity to discuss new information with speakers and fellow participants, and consider how to integrate and use this information across various settings.
Who Should Attend
- healthcare professionals who work with adults and offer hypertension-related care
- public health professionals who develop, implement, and/or evaluate programs related to hypertension prevention or control
- policymakers, government officials, and advocates who promote policies that serve to prevent or control hypertension
- community leaders who support and give voice to populations most at-risk for hypertension
- researchers who investigate ways to prevent, treat, and control hypertension
Agenda and Registration
The program features leading experts on hypertension prevention, treatment and control from East Carolina University, the American Heart Association, the NC Council of Churches, Pitt County Health Department, the Justus-Warren Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Task Force, N.C. A&T, Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, the NC Institute of Medicine, RTI International and more.
Registration for the Evidence Academy is now open through Eastern AHEC.